Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2013 Review

2013 was such a great year for us!  We got to meet and photograph so many amazing people.  Here is a recap of what happened this past year:

JANUARY
We go to shoot a fun (and FREEZING) engagement session at the famous white barn in Park City.  Kru turned 1 and we threw him a fun birthday party with family and friends.  We shot a fun winter wedding and Mike and I got serious about our fitness goals.


FEBRUARY
Ah, the month of Love!  Mike and I had a fun valentine's date to the Tucanos restaurant where he proposed to me.  We also took our friend Jessica up in the mountains for a fun stylized winter photoshoot.  This year for 2014 I really want to do more stylized shoots like this, so fun!


MARCH
March was such a fun month! We had a photo shoot at the Johnson Mill Bed & Breakfast for a first birthday/cake smash, took Kru on a bunch of walks, I got really into juicing, and then ended with a really fun wedding in Salt Lake City.


APRIL
April is my favorite month because for 1) It's my birth month so naturally I'm biased towards it, 2) The Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point is my absolute FAV! And 3) The Festival of Colors in Spanish Fork.  Seriously, if you haven't been to it, you need to go this year.  It will blow your mind.


MAY
We spent every single day outside during May.  The weather was so nice!  We taught Kru how to pitch a tent, Mike had his last drill weekend with the Marines, we bought a subaru outback, and went on lots of hikes.  I hope Kru grows up to enjoy the great outdoors as much as I do!


JUNE
During June we had fun dinner nights with friends, including this one with Kru's buddies at Whisky Springs.  We also made lots of campfires with smores, hung out at temple square, and took Kru to the Zoo.


JULY
In July we headed up north to Idaho for a camping trip/family reunion.  While we were up there we visited Chesterfield, Idaho - a cute little pioneer town that my ancestors settled.  I helped my friend Keala out with a really fun fashion shoot, and Kru discovered a love of Oreos.


AUGUST
We spent a lot of time outdoors during August - soaking up the last little bit of summer.  Kru loved going to the lake and helping Mommy and Grandma in the garden.  We stayed busy with a bunch of photo sessions this month - two weddings, a missionary shoot, three family sessions, and an engagement session!


SEPTEMBER
During September I took the little man out exploring a lot.  We found some really cool places up in the mountains and went on a couple fishing outings with my dad.  Watch a video of one of our outings here.


OCTOBER
Our 3 year anniversary was on October 14th and we decided to spend that weekend camping in Moab. We went on a bunch of hikes through Arches National Park and camped next to the slick rocks. We made a fun little video of our trip here.


NOVEMBER
Fall is my favorite season in Utah.  We spent a lot of time driving up in the mountains and collecting leaves.  


DECEMBER
December is definitely the party month for my family.  We go all out for Christmas from baking to decorating.  Kru also loved playing in the snow any chance he could get.  I love watching him jump around and stick his head back to lick the snowflakes.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful overview of your year! ! You are such a fantastic photographer! !:^)

    ReplyDelete